Derby City Primary Care Ltd comprises of 6 GP surgeries across Derby City, including:
- Charnwood Surgery
- Derwent Medical Centre
- Friar Gate Surgery
- Macklin Street Surgery
- Osmaston Surgery
- Wilson Street Surgery
The federation is offering extended access appointments to its combined 70,000 patient population. The pilot scheme will support the surgeries in providing additional appointments that are more accessible for all.
Monday to Friday 6pm – 8pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm
Sunday 9.30am – 12.30pm
The provision of this service is only available to patients who are registered with one of the 6 surgeries within Derby City Primary Care.
What conditions can be treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute minor ailments who require a face-to-face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. It will be primarily GP & Nurse Practitioner appointments.
Appointments are made via the patient’s own GP surgery and are available to patients who are unable to access appointments during normal surgery hours or when surgery appointments are fully booked.
People who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care
- Severe mental health problems
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- Walk-in patients